House of Hoofing
Jonas started dancing at the age of 8 years old, and it quickly became his main hobby. Lindy hop was the first dance that captured him and it made all his interest focus on African American dance and music. All spare time was spent in the dance studio, practicing to develop his skills, or at home listening to old jazz recordings on cassette tape. The weekends was spent at lindy hop competitions or performing with swing dance company Basie's Bunch.
In his early twenties, Jonas moved to Stockholm to study professionally and since graduating from the Ballet Academy in 2006 he has been working as a freelance dancer, teacher and choreographer.
2002-2003, 1-year dance program, Danscenter Stockholm
2003-2006, 3-year dance education, Ballet Academy Stockholm
2017-2018, 1-year halftime studies Royal College of Music, Stockholm
+ a vast number of festivals/camps/workshops, which include learning from the following masters of swing and tap: Frankie Manning, Norma Miller, Arthur Duncan, Dawn Hampton, Dianne Walker, Ivery Wheeler, Savion Glover, Sarah Petronio, Sam Weber, Brenda Bufalino, Skip Cunningham, Chazz Young, Chester Whitmore, Heather Cornell, Ted Levy, Marshall Davis Jr, Dormeshia Sumbry-Edwards, Derick Grant, Roxane Butterfly, Tamangoh, Jason Samuels Smith, Michelle Dorrance and many other great dancers.
WORK & STAGE EXPERIENCE
Choreographer/dancer in various productions and events including Rolling Stones official video "Plundered My Soul", Swedish National Radio P3, Swedish Grammy Awards 2012.
Ten years member of swing dance company Basie's Bunch, touring all over the world; New York City, Washington DC and London, doing shows and performances, tv-broadcasts and musicals.
Member of the Swedish Lindy Hop National Team, and competition merits include a 5th place in the 1995 World Championship, 2nd place in the 1999 World Championship + numerous gold, silver and bronze medals in the Swedish Championships.
Jonas is regularly teaching at the major dance studios in Stockholm and at workshops/festivals around Sweden and abroad.
"Tap dance became my favorite form of expression and in 2009 I founded House of Hoofing to help spread my love for this art form. I wanted to get people more interested and educated about tap by arranging workshops and jams, teaching and performing. In 2010 I co-founded Stockholm Tap Festival, which has become one of the main tap festivals in the world and now is an all-year-round occupation for me as Producer & Artistic Director " - Jonas Nermyr
- Choreographer & dancer, "All of Me", Stora Teatern Göteborg 2019
- Percussionist & dancer, "Reencuentro", Flamenco Center Sthlm 2019
- Dancer, "Tap Future", New York City 2018
- Dancer, "COWBOYS", Sebastian Weber Dance Company, Germany 2018
- Choreographer, "Vlad Spetsaren", Södra Teatern Stockholm 2018
- Performer, Body Music Residency w. Nicholas Young, Germany 2018
- Choreographer & dancer, "Sthlm Tap Show", Stockholm 2012-
- Teacher & perfomer "No 1 TAP weekend", Gothenburg 2017
- Tap dancer, Oslo Jazz Festival 2017, Norway
- Lindy hop teacher, Oslo Tap & Swing Explosion 2017, Norway
- Tap teacher, Herräng Dance Camp 2016-2017
- Choreographer & dancer "I AM ME" by Diambra, Scalateatern Sthlm 2017
- Teacher lindy hop, Malmö Spring Jump 2017
- Tap dancer, Sebastian Weber & friends, Huawei Gala, Hannover 2017
- Featured Tap Dancer, "On Stage", permanent exhibition at Swedish Museum of Performing Arts
- Performer & teacher, Le Labo Tap Jam, Berlin 2017
- Teacher/Performer, TAP OSLO 2017
- Choreographer "Alex & Sigge Live", Rival Sthlm 2017
- Teacher, "Tap Residency Madrid", 2016
- Guest Tap Teacher, Pineapple Dance Studio, London, 2016
- Tap Dancer "Noites de Performances", Rio de Janeiro, 2016
- Tap/Swing Teacher "Tap in Rio", Rio de Janeiro, 2016
- Guest Tap Teacher, "Tap Jazz Center", Santiago de Chile, 2016
- Tap Dancer, STHLM JAZZ FESTIVAL 2015, with Thou Shalt Swing & Bandwagon Swing Orchestra
- Tap Dancer, "Gala Internacional de Claqué", Madrid, Spain, 2014-2016
- Teacher, Antwerp Tap Festival 2014, Belgium
- Tap Dancer, TAP EXTRAVAGANZA 2014, New York City
- Guest Tap Teacher, Debbie Allen Dance Academy, Los Angele, 2014
- Tap/Swing dancer, "Danskrysset", MandH Productions, Stockholm, 2014
- Tap Teacher, Turkey Lindy Hop Festival 2013, Antalya, Turkey
- Tap Coach "Pojken och Stjärnan", Wasa Theater, Finland, 2013
- Choreographer & dancer, SWEDISH GRAMMY AWARDS 2012
- Tap Dancer "TAP OSLO 2011", Oslo, Norway
- Guest Teacher Tap/Swing, At Tickle Toes, Oslo, 2010-
- Tap dancer in the Michael Jackson Tribute "Billy Jean Live", Nyköping Theatre, 2010
- Dancer/Singer in various productions, Dröse & Norberg Nöjen AB, 2009
- Tap dancer in DiAMbra's Choreographers Showdown, Nalen, 2009
- Dancer/Singer in musical "Guldkungen", Växjö Theater, 2009
- Dancer in the show "Las Vegas At Sea", Tallink Silja Line Ferries, 2008
- Dancer/Singer in musical "Sing Swing Fling", Sprechwerk Hamburg, 2008
- Dancer/Singer in musical "Pippi", Stockholms Stadsteater 2007
- Dancer with Diamond Dogs, Golden Hits Stockholm, 2007
Copyright @ All Rights Reserved